Dorset Field Club
Every Spring Dorset Field Club comes to life with activity resuming on the golf course, seven clay tennis courts and Woodruff Hall. During the busy summer season, the golf and tennis professionals conduct clinics, schools, private and group lessons. As one of the few clubs in New England to offer instruction using the TrackMan4 Launch Monitor System, this cutting edge technology aids the golf staff in making swing and club fitting adjustments for all skill levels. The Club has begun offering croquet on a court in front of the clubhouse with tournament grade equipment for member and guest use. Bridge and Mah Jongg groups meet on a regular basis throughout the busy early summer and fall seasons. Members have full access to the pool at the Barrow’s House, a local inn just a short walk from the Club. Perfect for a refreshing swim after golf or tennis. The summer peaks with the July 4th family picnic. In the fall, Vermont’s signature season, the Club holds the annual Flaming Maple golf tournament, a tradition going back over 40 years.
In late fall a spirited group of club members gear up for winter sports, including paddle tennis on the Club’s 3 heated and lit paddle courts, with adjacent warming hut. Snow shoe and cross country skiing can be enjoyed on our two and a half miles of groomed trails.
The Holiday cocktail party and New Year’s Eve Paddle Palooza end the year in style.
The Dorset Field Club is a welcoming destination for its members in all months of the year!
The Dorset Field Club is the oldest continuously operating golf club in America. It all began in 1886 when a group of golfers who summered in Dorset laid out a nine-hole golf course on the site of the present Club. A clubhouse was built in 1896 and named “Woodruff Hall” in honor of one of the founders. Over the next century play increased and the course was lengthened and improved. The course has undergone five substantial alterations and re-routings—it became an 18-hole course in 1999.
The Dorset Field Club is Showcased at the USGA Museum in Far Hills New Jersey.